Better Alternative?

Oyama, Winfield, Carr's Landing & Okanagan Centre
SivoxII

Better Alternative?

Post by SivoxII » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:55 pm

Speaking with some locals/neighbours here in Kelowna, a good few residents are itching at moving out of Kelowna. From what we hear, some are looking at new development in Lake Country and immediate surroundings. Are areas like this becoming a better alternative, as people tire of the same old issues in the city??

MoragS

Re: Better Alternative?

Post by MoragS » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:27 pm

Well I can't say if Lake Country is better than Kelowna - never having lived in Kelowna.

I work and shop in Kelowna but live in Lake Country and loving it. It's and easy commute to 'the town' - probably much the same time as a drive from some areas of Kelowna itself. But being out of town gives us that added feeling of quieter life, with the alternative of Vernon being much the same distance if we feel like a change of scenery.

No regrets with the choice we made :)

Nigel123

Re: Better Alternative?

Post by Nigel123 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:12 pm

MoragS wrote:Well I can't say if Lake Country is better than Kelowna - never having lived in Kelowna.

I work and shop in Kelowna but live in Lake Country and loving it. It's and easy commute to 'the town' - probably much the same time as a drive from some areas of Kelowna itself. But being out of town gives us that added feeling of quieter life, with the alternative of Vernon being much the same distance if we feel like a change of scenery.

No regrets with the choice we made :)
Came close to buying a house out there, good value and fantastic lake views. In the end we weren't sure about the area and the kids seemed to think it was a bit far out. It is a bit far from downtown Kelowna but of course ideal for University/airport/top end of town.
The Lakes just up past Tim Hortons is fast becoming a nice new subdivision with good views and lower prices than Dilworth, The Mission etc.