osoyoos too quiet?

Home of Canada's only Desert
gotowngo

osoyoos too quiet?

Post by gotowngo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:45 am

23rd March 2008 17:49

We are thirty something and forty something with a 1yr old boy..........relocating to the okenagan. found a fantastic house but it is in osoyoos. Would the place be too dead for us? or should we look elsewhere (the outlaws live in osoyoos)

aussie-girl

Re: osoyoos too quiet?

Post by aussie-girl » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:46 am

24th March 2008 02:41

depends on what you want. i currently live in quite a small village area on the island....and i am loving it!...great community spirit here....and you already have contacts there with your inlaws.....

i have been to osoyoos..didnt spend a great deal of time there tho..so can't realy say what it is like to live there.....i think you have to sort out what you actualy want for yourself and your family. what kind of lifestyle etc..and work opportunities...things like that..and then do a little research and see if it offers what you need...

all the best!

aussie-girl

Post by aussie-girl » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:46 am

24th March 2008 02:42

BTW ..you say you found a fantastic house.? is that buying it..or renting.if you are renting it then you can always move later.

Moops

Post by Moops » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:47 am

24th March 2008 14:28

Osoyoos can be very quiet in the off season - fall, winter. During the summer, the tourists come and the town doubles in population. It's a definite draw because of it's proximity to the USA and the desert classification.

I've noticed that Osoyoos has been in the news as having a lot of planned building... so may grow quickly in the next few years.

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

gotowngo

Post by gotowngo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:38 pm

just returned from another trip, osoyoos is beautiful, still undecided as the population in winter is some 1,600!! :thumbdown yet, is earmarked for major expansion (a small town addition for 3,000 people) and there is major ongoing development. i think however, penticton is going to be our ultimate destination (osoyoos is TOO close to the inlaws :grin )