Wintering in a 5th wheel in either Oliver or Osoyoos

Home of Canada's only Desert
Mdlf

Wintering in a 5th wheel in either Oliver or Osoyoos

Post by Mdlf » Thu May 28, 2015 10:45 am

We are checking into staying at an RV Resort for the winter. I am looking for info as how to winterize our fifth wheel for winter living in this area. We have previously wintered in the U.S. Any info as to what to expect, how to properly set up would be very appreciated. :think

SivoxII

Re: Wintering in a 5th wheel in either Oliver or Osoyoos

Post by SivoxII » Sun May 31, 2015 10:43 pm

:hi there Mdlf and welcome to the forums!

Okay, so I had to consult with a neighbour on this one, as RV'ing is not my forte. Now, his RV is a regular trailer (probably around 28-30 feet). His advice would depend on the level of knowledge and mechanical ability of the individual willing to carry out winterisation procedures. So, if you have previous experience, I'm sure the approach would be similar to what you "may have" come across in parts of the US or Eastern Canada.

The points he touched on included Anti-Freeze issues/Broken Lines or other major headaches which RV owners take on themselves. If in doubt, RV outfits can take that pressure of your shoulders for around $100 for the full winterisation package - giving you piece of mind at the end of the day.

Hope this gives you some direction, while I see if I can find out more information (if I am on the right track with your initial query?).

All the best.
Last edited by SivoxII on Sun May 31, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SivoxII

Re: Wintering in a 5th wheel in either Oliver or Osoyoos

Post by SivoxII » Sun May 31, 2015 10:48 pm

Quick follow up to the above ...

Here is a guide to winterisation procedures from a local company here in the Okanagan. The main reason for giving this particular link, is to ensure that this approach is in line with methods you would use in this climate/area, as you would in Oliver or Osoyoos.

http://www.countryrv.net/e-rv-maintenance.htm

All the best.