moving to Peachland

The True '4 Season' Playground
Jewel

moving to Peachland

Post by Jewel » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi everyone :hi I can't tell you how happy I was to come accross this site :grin .I have been to the OK just a few times when I was a little kid and then a couple of times over the years and can remember how much I loved it there.Now I'm so tired of the city life in :bye Vancouver.I'm moving your way hopefully by the spring early summer with my 4 kids.I'm thinking we will start off renting and then look at buying.What is the housing rentals like in Peachland and how easy is it to find a place and what price range do the homes go for? :think

Roo

Re: moving to Peachland

Post by Roo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:28 am

:hi Jewel

A very warm welcome to A-Ok :grin

The Okanagan certainly is a great place with such amazing scenery! I'm afraid we're not there yet so I can't help with your questions, apart from suggesting you take a look at kijiji for an idea of rental prices etc.

You'll find a real estate section on the front page that is regularly updated with sale stats.

Hopefully someone that's already in the area will be able to help more.

Roo

sauspop1

Re: moving to Peachland

Post by sauspop1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi everyone :hi
We have been in Kelowna for about 18 months now and have to say are loving it! this will be our first Christmas here so we are hoping for some snow!!! we were back in the UK last year for 3 weeks and couldn't wait to get back on the plain it's so busy over there... :think
Anyway finding a rental seems to be pot luck, there is loads about but you have to look at the time. A reasonable 3-4 bed place should be between $1500 and $2000 a month plus bills. We are up in lake country so the opposite end from Peachland, we did look there and it is quite beautiful but then again everywhere is in the Okanagan.

The one piece of advice I would give is find a house that feels right where ever it is, as you will be happy there! but if children are involved( don't worry about the children they love it here more than the adults my 2 wouldn't go back if we paid them :0)) they will not want to move schools again so make sure you can afford to buy in the same area once you are ready! :thumbup

Always happy to give advice so feel free to ask any questions I remember too well sitting on that side of the fence, it was a rollercoaster of a ride but sooooo worth it..
:clap
Have a fab Christmas everyone, here's to an exciting new year
Sauspop
:bye