Sirens and Police Cars

A Municipality Building a New Future
nataliastrauch

Sirens and Police Cars

Post by nataliastrauch » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi Guys,

We've recently moved to a new sub-division (think that's what you call it here) in Westbank near the Vintage Hills Golf course and last week there were sirens, police cars, ambulances etc at our intersection for HOURS!
My darling hubbie was away, so I was quite nervous staying on my own with my son.

Does anyone know what was going on??

Hate to be the nosey neighbour - but we put up some added security on the doors in the basement (which our landlord wants us to remove!!) He's not taking no for an answer, so before doing so, I need to know if i have anything to be nervous about!

Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Nigel123

Re: Sirens and Police Cars

Post by Nigel123 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:06 pm

Sounds like a normal night on the wildside. :wink

Seriously i haven't got a clue, we live up by Rose Valley and often hear sirens. Once a firetruck and an ambulance arrived on our cul de sac, turns out they were responding to the guy next door who was poorly and had a history of heart problems.
It seems to be pretty safe generally here and we haven't installed any extra deadlocks or bars at the windows even though our neighbour had her purse stolen recently. She had left it on her car seat all night and the car was unlocked, they often leave the garage door open all day!!!!
Are you in Sonoma Pines? That seems a nice neighbourhood and we bought a bike from a plain clothes RCMP officer round there.
We travel around to peoples homes carrying out our work and it's surprising how many people leave doors and windows open and will tell me to leave the key under the mat when finished. I have been given codes to peoples alarms and sometimes they just say "Oh i'll leave the door unlocked" So in my opinion the majority of people here don't seem particularly bothered about crime and some are just plain lax.

nataliastrauch

Re: Sirens and Police Cars

Post by nataliastrauch » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks Nigel! Sheww, good to hear! :)