Daycares and prices in Westbank

A Municipality Building a New Future
lena

Daycares and prices in Westbank

Post by lena » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Hello,everybody. I am new on this forum. We currently live in Winnipeg, but are looking forward to our big move to Kelowna at the end of August. It will be our second immigration, but this one is within Canada (thank God). My husband and I came to Canada 5 years ago from Ukraine under a specific working programm, we didn't really get to see Canada or Winnipeg, or choose were we wanted to live. So after 5 years in "Winterpeg" and a couple of trips to both oceans, we "discovered" Kelowna and absolutely fell in love with it.
We have a 2 year old son, who just started daycare a week ago. Could someone advise on daycares in Westbank, how long the waiting lists usually are, and what the average daily rates are?
Thank you, Lena. :) :) .

tracie107

Re: Daycares and prices in Westbank

Post by tracie107 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:25 am

Daycare is pretty expensive here in Kelowna, depending on income. I have been told in the past that some daycares demand $800- $1200 per month and in most cases you have to provide absolutely everything, food, bedding, nappies, wipes & juice along with everything else to keep your child happy.

Due to the high cost of daycare many people opt for child care (childminder) within people's homes with many charging around $35 per day. Some people providing this service have really good 'facilities' i.e many toys, routine, nap time etc. but there are others that ............well my friend went to a house to look at some scrapbooking items and the lady there was also a childminder anyway to my friends horror when she went into the basement there was a child sleeping at the bottom of the stairs :eek. My friend immediately commented on this to the women who simply laughed it off and said that the child's mother knows about it!!

Unfortunately I can't really tell you from a personal point of view a good daycare from bad as I didn't have to put my 4yr into one. But from speaking to other mom's I know that there are waiting lists for the good ones and spaces for the not so good ones!

Hopefully you might get some other member(s) on the forum that can point you in the right direction.

horry

Post by horry » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:51 pm

this place advertises in the local paper

*LINK REMOVED*
Last edited by Moops on Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Company website no longer available - broken link removed.

nrobideau

Post by nrobideau » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:41 am

I moved here from Edmonton 2 years ago and have found a great Day Care. It is in West Kelowna/Rosevalley and I would highly recomend it. I think they may have some space available but i'm not sure. My kids are both going to be in school this year so I won't be needing their sevices as much but will still do some drop off. What area will you be moving to?

Nancy

alina

Post by alina » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:07 am

Hi Lena,
:hi
I found your old posting on this forum and was glad to see people from the same country as me and my husband are, I meant Ukraine)))) I know it already 5 years pasted, so I just want to ask you about Kelowna. Are you happy there? How is job situation??? We are planning our big move this year, some time during summer.

Thank you,
Alina.