Landmark 8 Cinema Opens in West Kelowna

A Municipality Building a New Future
admin

Landmark 8 Cinema Opens in West Kelowna

Post by admin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:25 am

It's been the "talk of the town" in West Kelowna for quite a while now, as the state of the art cinema experience has it's grand opening tomorrow, 22nd June. Tonight hosts a sneak preview for friends and family.

Here are some of the facts & figures for all the audio/media buffs out there:

* 8 state-of-the-art stadium seating auditoriums with digital projection, four of which will be 3D capable.
* 8 “Extreme” auditorium will feature an almost IMAX-size screen, extra luxurious seating and a sound system that is the first of its kind in Canada (and only a handful throughout the world), featuring 11.1 digital stereo.
* 11.1 3D Digital Sound and a screen that is more than 3 stories high and 60 feet wide.

Now ... I believe this is right listing for the up & coming movies for the week ahead (Xtreme is the key word here!)

http://www.cinemaclock.com/theatres/bri ... lowna.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All the best,
Siv

Access Okanagan Web Services
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3015

Elysia

Re: Landmark 8 Cinema Opens in West Kelowna

Post by Elysia » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:23 pm

I heard Prometheus is supposed to be really good and the special effects are awesome. I want to go see it in 3D!

Moops

Post by Moops » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:18 pm

I haven't been to this theatre, but have heard that the seats are really comfortable and that the seating configuration allows for better viewing. Anybody gone to see a movie there?

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

feex1982x

Post by feex1982x » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Yeah ive been there, its pretty good. I find pricey compared to the older places, but its way more comfy so for me its worth it, as i like to be comfy when i snooze......i mean when i watch a movie.