Glenrosa

A Municipality Building a New Future
wobblyknee

Glenrosa

Post by wobblyknee » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:16 pm

16th April 2008 03:15

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me what the area of Glenrosa is like as an area to live?
We have seen a few houses on MLS that we like, that are in Glenrosa!

Thanks!

chigirl

Re: Glenrosa

Post by chigirl » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:16 pm

16th April 2008 07:49

hi wobblyknee

glenrosa is a mixed neighbourhood ie you have some nice streets but you also have quite a bit of scruffy areas too. in fairness to glenrosa the same could be said for many other local areas. the prices are a little more reasonable there even on lake view properties. oh, one thing you might want to consider is that there are no stores in glenrosa not even a convenience store. westbank with shops/banks/leisure facilities is only a 5 min drive away and on the plus side crystal mountain is just up the road.

hope this helps, i'm sure others will have more comments to add

PIG-WIG

Post by PIG-WIG » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:18 pm

18th April 2008 10:34

Glenrosa has some fantastic views. There are some nice newer properties too. We looked around the area but decided it was just a bit too remote for us.

There have been rumours for a long time that Crystal Mountain is going to be developed as a full blown ski resort so could see house prices rising significantly in the future.

Glenrosa Middle School looks modern but there are some children prefering to go to Constable Neil Bruce even though they live in Glenrosa catchment area.

It's a good idea to spend a day or two just driving around the different areas to see where you think you will settle best.

tracie107

Post by tracie107 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:18 pm

19th April 2008 12:47

I always copy and paste the addresses from MLS and put it in 'google earth' that way you get a good view of the area and can work out the distance to hubby's place of work or the boys schools etc.

Nigel123

Post by Nigel123 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:19 pm

19th April 2008 13:26

We looked at Glenrosa also and my thoughts were:

A bit far out from Kelowna if you need to get there for work/college on a regular basis.
A bit scruffy in parts and a couple of houses we saw were really quite ok and well priced but the street they were in looked dated and other houses looked like they needed serious reno work. I didn't want to live looking at other peoples junk or shanty style home.
Thirdly it's brilliant if you want to ski at Crystal Mountain but if you find Crystal Mountain too small and not challenging then it's a longer commute to Big White.

Moops

Post by Moops » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:19 pm

9th May 2008 12:12

My brother lived on McGinnis Road in the Glenrosa area for many years. Their house was set further back from the road than the neighbours and had incredible views of the lake & valley. They totally renovated the house .... so I can vouch that there are nicely done homes available in the area!!

A new senior high school was built off McIver in the mid 90's (I think). There is a small store on the lower levels, but I can't recall what the road name is. Things may have changed since the last time I was there, but there was a small convenience store, a pizza place and video store.

The ammenities in Westbank are just 10 minutes down the hill.

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

chikadee

Post by chikadee » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:20 pm

13th May 2008 18:24

That's a junior hs/middle school, not a senior hs, never has been. The only senior HS on the Westside is Mount Boucherie in Lakeview Heights. There are a couple of elementary schoold, though. I lived in Glenrosa for a few years when we first moved here from Calgary (back in '88). Loved our house & the street & neighbours (we were in an area of new homes at the time) but we came to hate the drive into Kelowna all the time for work and activities, especially when we had only one vehicle for awhile. Now with so much more avaiiable on the Westside it might not be as much an issue. But as someone else said, if you must do the daily drive to Kelowna for school or work, it can get tiresome as it does add another 10-15 minutes onto the trip than if you were in Westbank proper. But there are definitely some nice homes and some spectacular views.

Moops

Post by Moops » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:20 pm

26th May 2008 11:58

My ooopsy! Thanks chikadee!

According to my brother, the little mall I was talking about is on Gorman Road.

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!