Cost of Naramata housing

Info & Discussion on all Other Areas
kt1

Cost of Naramata housing

Post by kt1 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:23 am

14th March 2007 20:07

Hi, my husband & I would love to move to Naramata in a few years' time with our two young kids. We've been researching the area on the Internet and the cost of housing seems a bit scary. We're in Ottawa and we thought it was pricey here! Are there affordable places? Is it becoming more expensive than Penticton? What should we expect to pay for a 3-4 bdrm. home? Thanks for any info!

Betalil

Re: Cost of Naramata housing

Post by Betalil » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:23 am

15th March 2007 01:10

I checked out the listings on MLS for Naramata, yes they are expensive there. The least expensive place in the area was a four bed 30 yr old house on 3/4 acre for more than 600k. It seems to me that for the same price you would get alot more house (newer or ?) for your money in Penticton or other areas of the Okanagan depending on your requirements, job location etc. For those spectacular lake views though you can expect to pay for them (100k-500k more, depending on the condition and which community the property is located and ammenities available).

Naramata is a beautiful area, alot of acreages (orchards) with incredible lake views, and highend lake front properties.

Anyway, check out for yourself the mls.ca and okhomesellers.com (fsbo).

Hope this helps.

Welcome to Access Okanagan!!!