help about lumby

Info & Discussion on all Other Areas
scotty

help about lumby

Post by scotty » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:28 am

12th July 2008 07:41

Hi does anyone know anything about lumby just ive been looking on mlsa listings and some of the homeslook nice ive got 2 kids so somewhere safe is a must cheers

Nigel123

Re: help about lumby

Post by Nigel123 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:28 am

13th July 2008 23:12

I have only been through Lumby on route to Nakusp but it looked like a very nice little town and the surrounding areas are full of nice properties with acreages. We saw an unbeleivable amount of deer as we drove through the area and it would certainly be a nice safe place i'm sure BUT it is small and you would have to travel into Vernon for anything other than basics and it's even further if you need to get to Kelowna.

Depends very much what you want i guess so if you like the idea of a small "one horse" town it's worth a look but it may be less appealing as the kids get older and want to explore "City life"

Moops

Post by Moops » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:38 am

19th August 2008 20:00

As Nigel mentioned, Lumby is a small village that is 25KM east of the city of Vernon. It's known for its rural locations and is on the edge of the Monashee region, which is the "Trail Capital of Canada". Apparently there are over 100 trails to discover in the area!

A former co-worker lives in a log house in Lumby and says that his family truly enjoys the fact that they are so close to all that nature can provide, yet still close enough to ammenties if needed.

I really like the Provincial Campground at Mabel Lake and access it from the Lumby side (other side can be accessed through Enderby area too).

Here's a link for relocation to Lumby....

http://www.monasheetourism.com

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

Brell

Post by Brell » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:06 am

20 August 2008 at 05:29

I went to school in Lumby (and argueably turned out alright :book ... way back in the day... its about 20 minutes to Vernon. Lumby is a growing community - with 3 subdivisions in development presently. Many folks live there and commute to Vernon for work. There is a supermarket, Hardware store, Bank(s), Accountants, Public Health and Doctors offices. The Elementary school is called JW Inglis and the Secondary is Charles Bloom. There are several small restaurants/ pubs... and no fast food chains in Lumby! Temperature wise - you will find it a little cooler and wetter than Vernon or Kelowna.

18 Single Family Homes have sold there in 2008 - with the Median price being $304,500. (This is not including homes on acreages) The Median List price on homes sold was $319,500. Of the homes sold - 2 were built before 1960, and 2 were built since 2000. The Sales prices ranged from $245,000 to $479,649.
:book

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Lumby is a great place to raise a family. It has a real small town kind of feel but also has everything you need right in town. There is a scotiabank and a credit union. A grocerystore, post office gas station. A couple of restaurants, schools as mentioned. Local store and ice-cream shops A dentist, doctors office. Just to name a few things! I have lived here for 12 years now and I am very proud to call Lumby my home!