Faster Rise in Rates due to Pricey Real Estate?

Housing Market, Rental Listings, Stats & Advice
SivoxII

Faster Rise in Rates due to Pricey Real Estate?

Post by SivoxII » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:52 pm

After hearing of the Bank of Canada celebrating it's 75th Birthday, it's time to hear the harsh reality.

Enjoy reading ... :think

http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blog ... 08000.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

james_smith99

Re: Faster Rise in Rates due to Pricey Real Estate?

Post by james_smith99 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:28 pm

i realise i may not be taking this in the spirit it was intended, but bloody hell thats great news !!!

actually, i didn't take much notice of experts before all the recent problems so i'm definitely not going to start now. but, being in the uk and having seen the falling house prices and the pound going off a cliff, it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world to see canadian prices coming down to meet me (with apologies to all those with mortgages on here).....

i wouldn't start to panic just yet if i were you though. by my calculations you've got till about 5 minutes after i sign my first canadian mortgage agreement (whenever that might be) before it really starts to hit the fan !

Nigel123

Re: Faster Rise in Rates due to Pricey Real Estate?

Post by Nigel123 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:15 pm

The banks have already increased rates as of today (well at least 2 of them) and the rest are expected to follow. So don't know what effect this may have on house sales and prices.