ADVISE AND ASSISTANCE REQUIRED.

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
ESSEXHAMMER

ADVISE AND ASSISTANCE REQUIRED.

Post by ESSEXHAMMER » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:59 am

:hi

I am currently living in the UK (Essex) and in the process of SWP.

We sent in our application in July 2007 so we still have a fair wait to go, although i am now seriously looking
to enter on a TWP for next Summer if possible and coming over early next year on a Recce.

I am looking at Kelowna as it seems a beautiful area with the relaxed type of lifestyle and beautiful scenery that
i associate with Canada.

We are a family of 4 with two daughters aged 2 (yesterday) and 5 (in 4 weeks) so we would be looking for a house
to suit although it appears that the properties are fairly expensive. :thumbdown

My main concern is the job situation in Kelowna as i currently work for the AA as a "Product Manager" which entails
me managing a section of the business including actually buying the products, managing the stock levels and also selling the products to the the Key accounts such as Tesco, Halfords, BP, Morrisons.

Is there anyone who works in either Sales or Account Management who can advise if there is mcuh or any call for this type of work or am i just looking at the wrong area. :cry

I was going to post this in the members introduction but then i started waffling on, so i thought it best to put it too the masses??

I look forward to hearing your invaluable advice :wink

Kind regards

Dan

Moops

Re: ADVISE AND ASSISTANCE REQUIRED.

Post by Moops » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:20 pm

Hi Dan... and :welcome to A-OK!

I just posted an article in the Real Estate section about the Kelowna housing market... you might find it interesting. House prices have been overinflated here in Kelowna for some time and we've finally seen the shift from a seller's to a buyer's market. There are more homes on the market, and they are staying there for longer periods of time... so definitely a change from the boom period of recent years.

Have you checked out the local wineries? ... they may have employment opportunities.

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!