Construction Opportunties - Kelowna Area

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
Inutley

Construction Opportunties - Kelowna Area

Post by Inutley » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi,

I'm a project manager for a large construction company who work throughout Canada. I emigrated to Canada from the UK with my family a few years ago, so know all about the process. I now live in Kelowna, BC. I'm attending the Canada Expo in both London and Manchester and will be looking for the following: Project Managers, Estimators, Construction Managers, and Site Managers. If you will be attending and have this sort of background let me know as we would like to hear from you.

Regards
Ian Nutley

Torrent

Re: Construction Opportunties - Kelowna Area

Post by Torrent » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:11 am

Hi Ian

I know of a few really good guys who currently live here in Kelowna who might be interested in meeting up with you. One in particular used to be a project manager and had his own company in Essex. I don't want to post personal details on the forum so could I have your email address please (or PM me rather) and I can pass your details on?

Many thanks

Tracy

Moops

Post by Moops » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:10 pm

In speaking with Ian, he mentioned that they are also interested in plumbers/gas fitters.

Considering the amount of attention these positions are creating, Ian may not be able to get to our forums as often. Rather than post his contact email on the forums, please send along a message to me & I will forward it to you.

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

5 fields

Post by 5 fields » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi Ian
My husband is a gas engineer and plumber with 18 years experience. He has run his own business in the U.K for 11 years and worked on everything form LPG gas to commercial, new builds, caravans, hotels, catering vans & boats plus all domestic gas and plumbing work. He trained for 5 years and did the full training not the quick fix 6 month courses that are now available in the U.K. We should have our visas within 3 months. Our medicals have been approved so just waiting for the visas to arrive. We are hoping to move to the Kelowna area any time from July this year. Once we have the visas we are good to go .
Any info would be great if you could P.M me or him it would be much appreciated.
Rgds Maria & Matthew

Emma329

Post by Emma329 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:35 am

Hi Ian, we have currently just started the ball rolling for emigrating hopefully to the Okanagan area. My husband is a qualified joiner but also does everything else within the firm he works for like plumbing, tarmacing, putting in windows etc. He can turn his hand to anything and often manages the running of all projects. The firm he works for is only small but are very busy with maintaining marinas aswell as houses and shops etc. He is often the one who runs the projects as he is the brains behind them. He hasn't got the title Project Manager but this is what he does on a daily basis.
He is such a hard worker and easy to get on with. Is there a way that he can send you his Cv for you to look at. He will be looking for a job just like he has in England where he is doing something different everyday.

Emma x

bubbles

Post by bubbles » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi Ian,
just come across your post whilst looking through for job opportunities.
I am a project Manager/Contracts Manager in construction also. I currently work for a large construction company in the Uk and am looking to move to Canada ideally the Okanagan area near to the lakes. I am trying to find out the availability of construction/Civils Project management vacancies in this area and what sort of wages the position pays. Also any recruitment agencys in this area.

Regards

Rich

Inutley

Post by Inutley » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi Rich
I may have an opportunity ready and waiting for you here right in Kelowna. If you can email me you CV I will take a look and get back to you ASAP. My email is iann@ maple.ca. Have you started the immigration process at all yet? To give you an idea I just helped a family from London move out here(he is an estimator) and we had visas sorted within 3 months. He has moved and settled in already and is really enjoying it. I need to get a few more guys from the UK here as we have so much work we can't keep up!
regards

Ian

Inutley

Post by Inutley » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi Tracey
I only just saw your post regarding possible PM's my email is iann@maple.ca. I still have opportunities available so would still be interested in seeing your colleague.

thanks

Ian