JOB REFERRAL

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
joanef

JOB REFERRAL

Post by joanef » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 am

Hello, I've been in Penticton for 2 months now, I'm wondering if anyone has any leads or direct connection to any office jobs? I have a certificate in Public Administration & Office Administration as well as Conflict Resolution. I have 20 years experience in office work. I've applied for hundreds of positions here, Ok Falls, Oliver, Summerland, Peachland, Westbank & Kelowna and most recently Vernon (out of desperation).

I've only had one call back, it's very frustrating, I really want to work, I have a son to support by myself. It seems like I need to make some connections directly with people who work in an office. If you know anyone, or if you or your partner possibly work or run an office can you pass the word along? I am a hard worker, non drinker and have excellent work references, own reliable transportation and have a valid drivers' license.

Thank you for your help : S

Moops

Re: JOB REFERRAL

Post by Moops » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:27 pm

I noticed an opening for a Clerk III at the Summerland location of Okanagan College, although it is only part time. If you look at the indeed.com widget on the first page of "Employment" here, you'll see it noted under Penticton.

Sending good luck vibes to land a great job!

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

joanef

Post by joanef » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Thank you, I applied for that one today! I'm hoping that with some students possibly returning to school there might be an opening somewhere. Applied at the City today as well, pretty much to every posting I can find.

Thanks again.

Inutley

Post by Inutley » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi - You should try the UBC site in kelowna as well - often jobs come up there.

Thanks

Ian