Okanagan Community/Relocation Forum

• Connecting Newcomers with Local Residents
• Researching, Visiting, Relocating or Paying it Forward
• Covering the Okanagan Valley & the Southern Interior
... People Helping People!

work permit

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:36 pm
Location: England

work permit

Post by kolobok » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:38 am

Hi there
I am new to the site and to a lot of things.
I have British passport and live in the UK at the moment.
Can I come to Kelowna and find a job there and apply for a work permit being in Canada without leaving the country?

User avatar
Posts: 1763
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:57 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: work permit

Post by Moops » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi kolobok & welcome to A-OK

I'm not overly familiar with the work permit process, but I think that TWP's are normally applied for from outside of the country, although there may be exceptions. Quoting from the CIC website ... "Sometimes, you can apply as you enter Canada or from inside Canada, but many of the requirements are the same".

Here's a link regarding Temporary Work Permits from the official government website:" onclick=";return false;
2019 … still here trying to pay it forward!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest