Hoping to Move From the UK

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
ravenv1990

Hoping to Move From the UK

Post by ravenv1990 » Thu May 28, 2015 3:16 pm

I keep looking at this site and one day i want to relocate i worry about finances though i dont have many qualifications which i regret but i know i can get a better life there. Its amazing and Canadians areth nicest friendliest people in the world i really want this id do anything to get there and find a job any ideas, any help i can look into? Thank you

SivoxII

Re: Hoping to Move From the UK

Post by SivoxII » Fri May 29, 2015 12:42 am

:hi ravenv1990 and welcome to the forums!

Yes indeed, Qualifications and Finances are significant factors in modern Immigration procedures these days (pretty much wherever you are heading). As a starting point, please look at this Eligibility questionnaire from the CIC website (Canada Immigration & Citizenship). Although you are focusing on Employment, this should provide some global requirements in the various routes you can pursue.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Kind Regards.

ravenv1990

Post by ravenv1990 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:59 am

Ok thank you ill check that out now

ravenv1990

Post by ravenv1990 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:09 am

Ok so i completed the questionnaire and i am somewhat eligible to move there but not on my own, iv looked it up at options and it looks like i may have to make some friends in british columbia okanagon before i decide to come as i can only reside under a residential compliance act, which is where i could temporaril stay in someones home or spare property until i make money to afford a place my own. Its a difficult task but i really want to emigrate there

mg81

Post by mg81 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:25 am

Hello,

A good way to find out if BC/Canada is right for you is to try a working holiday? A number of my friends have emmigrated in this way. The only catch is you need to be under 30...

If you are under 30 you don't need any qualifications and the costs are reasonable and you can stay for up to 2 years. This gives you some time to try to find permanent employment and in this way you can try to get a sponsor to stay.

Check out: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/

The working holdiay used to be offered through a company called BUNAC and this is how I lived in BC for a year but while I was out there the programme became a lot easier to do on your own. However, BUNAC do still offer a program and so if you wanted extra support you could look at them. I'd say its just as easier to go through the IEC programme though. :)