Recruitment processes

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
proto

Recruitment processes

Post by proto » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:55 am

28th January 2007 05:30

How long does recruitment take in Canada?

Hubs was somewhat surprised at the end of last week when he was contacted by a company he'd been in touch with well before Christmas (beginning of December -ish) to arrange a telephone interview.

I have a couple of applications I sent off before Christmas that I have heard nothing from and assumed that I just wasn't selected. If the wheels grind slowly, is it worth me updating the companies with my new contact details when I get to Canada? My email and UK mobile phone will still work for a while after the move...

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein

me1

Re: Recruitment processes

Post by me1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:56 am

28th January 2007 08:16

Hi Proto,

Yes the wheels turn very slowly or maybe backwards, from what I’ve seen.
I phoned one company for some details of a job that was advertised. Only to be told it was filled, but send in my resume anyway, as it might open up again or they will keep it on file for future reference. So I would update them with new info.

Me.

Ps I was told that my mobile would work, (orange) it did not, as it was PAYG. Only contract.

proto

Re: Recruitment processes

Post by proto » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:56 am

28th January 2007 10:56

Cheers for the info.

I know my mobile will work (used it last year - had to set up my Virgin PAYG account with UK bank direct debit) but it is really expensive to receive calls.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein