Career Development

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
Nia

Career Development

Post by Nia » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:39 pm

15th April 2008 23:41

I thought i would pass this along! I've been working with a career coach over the past couple of days and have found it incredibly helpful!
I was refered to this coach by WorkZone. They are located in different location within the Valley. They provide free services to individuals who are seeking career guidance and support. The services are available to anyone eligible to work in Canada, so you need to have a workpermit or have your landed immigrant status. Now a lot of the work they do is mainly in helping you figure out your careerpath, but they also work with "professional" newcomers to the area. In which case they will refer you to a Career Management Centre.
I've been finding the market research and networking contacts incredibly helpful. A fellow job seeker of mine (originally from Britain) was explaining how they helped him to get his resume "canadianzied". LOL sorry i don't know what that means, but he was thrilled!!

I've just found this to be a very pleasant and incredibly helpful step i've taken and would highly recommend it. The least they will do is point you into the proper direction.

Their website is http://www.workzonebc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A referal to a career management centre will depend on your line of work, WorkZone will provide the contact on an individual basis.

wobblyknee

Re: Career Development

Post by wobblyknee » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:40 pm

15th April 2008 23:53

This is great info Nia I will pass it on to hubby who is doing the job search thing at the moment. It sounds very helpful!

Nia

Re: Career Development

Post by Nia » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:44 pm

16th April 2008 00:00

hope it might be of some help!! :) let me know how it goes!