Revelstoke or Rossland? Moving to Bc but not sure where!

Areas Outside the Okanagan (Keremeos, Salmon Arm, Kamloops etc.)
D A N

Revelstoke or Rossland? Moving to Bc but not sure where!

Post by D A N » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:27 am

My GF and I have just been issued IEC visas and we're heading to BC but not sure where to go.

We're thinking a bout Revelstoke or Rossland so we can be close to a ski resort.

We want to get jobs that will allow us to apply for permanent residency maybe through BC PNP.

The main reason we want to move to BC Is for a mountain town lifestyle. We spent a year in Whistler 06/07 but don't want to go back there because it's all seasonal work and too many people in the same boat.

What's the job situation like in Revelstoke vs Rossland/Trail???

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Moops

Re: Revelstoke or Rossland? Moving to Bc but not sure where!

Post by Moops » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:15 pm

:hi & welcome to A-OK! I know very little about Revelstoke, other than that the town was revitalized when the ski resort was opened in December 2007. It is a small community & although it's been a few years since we were last there, I remember how nice it was to enjoy a stroll without seeing big box stores! If you enjoy an outdoor lifestyle, then the Arrow & Revelstoke Lakes and Columbia River are on your doorstep, as well as provincial parks in close proximity.

There are a few ski resorts throughout the Thompson Okanagan, such as Sun Peaks in Kamloops, Silver Star in Vernon, Big White in Kelowna, Crystal in West Kelowna, Apex in Penticton and Mt Baldy in Oliver. I could be wrong, but most of the mountain resorts are within an hour drive from a main centre.

What type of work would the two of you be looking for?

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!