Put it to the Panel...

Canada's Tournament Capital
SivoxII

Put it to the Panel...

Post by SivoxII » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:19 am

It may cost a little more up front, but is looking to the sun for future savings, shaping up to be the right move for BC ... and in particular, Kamloops?

Read this recent article from Kamloops News on 'Solar Power in new builds' for details:
http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/2011 ... -new-homes

RhB_HJ

Re: Put it to the Panel...

Post by RhB_HJ » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:19 am

My equal half has just returned from her yearly trip to Switzerland and a few other European destinations.. Most notable additions: solar panels on very many structures.
Since Europeans are known to do the maths before spending the cash ... there must be something to it, eh?

OTOH we also get to read and listen to the statistics as regards reaching KYOTO targets. While many of the European countries are exceeding the reductions by sizable percentages, North America either never signed up (USA) or are - in our case - such laggards that they can't get out of the obligations quick enough.

It seems that never mind how long our politicians noses are, they are still not able to see past them. So it is refreshing to hear/read that at least some local politicians start to see the light. Good things usually happen at the local level first and eventually the rest will follow. Most often kicking and screaming.

As always, strictly my opinion! :wink

Cheers

HJ

------

Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC Canada

Moops

Post by Moops » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:42 pm

:thumbup Good post, HJ.

I would love to get panels for our house, but I feel the initial cost is still too prohibitive. It would be so nice to live off the grid or at least have those Fortis bills be less of a hit to the pocket book! Our last billing period was the most expensive we've ever had and we're not sure what caused the difference.

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

4d32ftw

Post by 4d32ftw » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:47 pm

RhB_HJ

Post by RhB_HJ » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:20 am

Yes, it was too good to be a firm decision! :think :think

Things like that always remind me of the comedian many, many years ago on Peter Gzsowski's "Morningside" show who asked Peter the definition of a Canadian. .... Silence ....

The comedian: "A Canadian is a person who makes two compromises before breakfast." :wink :) :wink

Cheers

HJ

------

Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC Canada