Possible Relocation Accomodation tips??

Canada's Tournament Capital
aussie-girl

Possible Relocation Accomodation tips??

Post by aussie-girl » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 am

Hi...I have applied for a job in Kamloops which of course could mean possible relocation from Vanc Island...any tips on short term accomodation for a month or so.???

thanks..:)

cgcarkys

Re: Possible Relocation Accomodation tips??

Post by cgcarkys » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:40 pm

if your only planning on being her for a month or 2 it would be worth wild to call the local motels and get a monthly rate.
(i'll put a few suggestions down). The monthly rates for houses or apartments is getting a bit high and most are a one year lease it seems. Also looking on kijiji for people looking for room and board is a idea. :)

Trans Canada Motel
2505 East Trans Canada Highway View Map
Kamloops BC V2C 4A9
Toll-Free: 1.800.374.5755
Local: 250.374.7114
http://www.kamloops.com/trans-canada-motel

Ranch Land Motel
Toll-free: 1-800-663-4902
Phone: 250-828-8787
Fax: 50-828-8786
2357 East Trans Canada Hwy
Kamloops BC V2C 4A8
http://www.ranchlandmotel.ca/contact.html

hope that helps a bit, if you still can't find something let me know.

TaronSenko

Post by TaronSenko » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi,

First off, good luck with the job you're applying for!

For Short Term accommodation I would suggest putting an ad up on Kijiji letting Kamloops know what you're looking for. Since moving here I've noticed that Kamloops residents tend to use Kijiji more than Craigslist. Students will be leaving soon so many places will be opening up!

Kamloops is a wonderful place! I moved here 3 years ago from Abbotsford and it would take a mountain to move me back. The community here is completely different. People are friendly, the weather is beautiful, there is an abundance of outdoor activities and the city itself is very family oriented!

Since moving here I have lived in Westsyde - beautiful area, like its own community, very family friendly and quiet!
I have lived downtown - which is equally wonderful because everything is walking distance - with the farmers market already started on saturdays and wednesday - and Riverside Park that always has community events going on.
I now live on the North Shore - close to Mac Park - lots of biking trails walking distance to most everything.
I truly cant say enough good things about living here. Wherever you choose I'm sure you will have a great experience.
If you dont mind driving a little ways places like Dallas, Barhartvale and Juniper are beautiful places as well. Really each area of Kamloops has something wonderful to offer.

Best of Luck!
Taron Senko

4d32ftw

Post by 4d32ftw » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:18 pm

as said above short term accomodation is tricky, best bet is craigs list / kijji or the local free adds.

but you could drop me a line if you get the job, i work in real estate and can ask the other realtors if they have anything, as they often have there own rentals or know of landlords with vacancies that dont get advertised, just a thought.