Renting in Summerland

Heart of the Okanagan Valley
londoncalling

Renting in Summerland

Post by londoncalling » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:42 pm

14th March 2007 06:08

We are a family with 2 small children (5 & 1) and are hoping to rent a property in Summerland before buying a house. Are there many rentals there or is it mainly just for the summer? We are needing a place from late August through the Autumn?

Moops

Re: Renting in Summerland

Post by Moops » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:43 pm

15th March 2007 17:48

Hi londoncalling... welcome to the forums!

I did a bit of research and came up with the following accommodation. Most listings are self-contained suites or cottages that are available on short term rentals.

Hope this will be of assistance to you....

http://www.grapeescape.ca/

An afterthought... if you look on the forum's main homepage, you will see 3 newspaper icons under the logo. The newspaper classifieds for Penticton & Kelowna might be helpful too.

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

chattytracy

Post by chattytracy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:44 pm

15th March 2007 19:15

I have friends currently renting in Summerland and want to try and get somewhere cheaper but it is hard to find rental properties here. You may be lucky as you want after the holiday season but you will need to do alot of research and in Summerland alot is gone quickly by word of mouth. We were lucky and stayed with family for a few weeks as buying a house is so much quicker here. We were only with them for just over a month and renting is expensive. I know some people just use a motel with lounge and kitchen and look at buying asap.

Tracy

londoncalling

Post by londoncalling » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:44 pm

18th March 2007 10:33

Thank you both for the info. There is alot to think about/organise. I'm sure we'll get there in the end. I'll check out the websites. Cheers. We do have friends we could possibly stay with but they're in Penticton/Ok Falls and I really want my daughter to start school in Summerland, and she probably wouldn't get a place if our temporary address was in Penticton. It does make sense to buy a property asap.

Thanks again.