What's after La Casa

A Municipality Building a New Future
tracie107

What's after La Casa

Post by tracie107 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:17 pm

OK so we went for a drive along Westside Road and what a beautiful drive, on the way we saw the usual deer and load of them and I also saw a pack of wolves on the hillside :eek . Apart from freaking out about hubby driving, what I felt was too near the edge :eek, (I don't like heights) at all. Anway we got as far as La Casa and turned back but I understand if we stayed on the road it would have joined somewhere in Spallecheem! Is this correct and how much further did we have to go before we got there.

We are hoping to do the drive again in the next few months.

paul1574

Re: What's after La Casa

Post by paul1574 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:46 am

the twilight zone

Absurdum ad Infinatum

Moops

Post by Moops » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Hee Hee Hee... Paul, you'd think so after all of our responses! Last year we went up fishing at Bear Lake, just off Westside Road, but have to admit that I haven't been further along Westside Road in quite some time. We went to a forestry campsite just outside of Killiney Beach one year, but my memory is crap at the best of times and I don't recall what communities lay outside of it. Brell would probably know, as she has a cabin on Westside Road, closer to Vernon.

I did a search and apparently, these are the establishments or communities that line Westside Road....

Aspen Shores, Ceasars Landing, Desert Cove, Estamont Beach, Ewings Landing, Fintry Delta, Killiney Beach, LaCasa Resort, Lake Okanagan Resort, Marchbank Road, Muir Subdivision, OKIB, Parker Cove, Shalal Road, Summer Sands, Valley of the Sun, Wainman Cove, Westshore Estates, Wilson's Landing

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

gibee44

Post by gibee44 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:01 pm

You will end up just west of the golf course, turn right and you will be in Vernon. From there head down Hwy 97 and back into Kelowna. Great Sunday drive.

tracie107

Post by tracie107 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:51 am

Oh it felt like the twilight zone!

Yes we are going to do the drive again. Don't know why as I was clinging to the car door for dear life! I really hate heights so spent the first 20mins screaming up my husband to drive in the middle of the road.

Whilst all of the houses have a beautiful view - there is no way I could live on the waters edge :eek !! People are crazy

Nigel123

Post by Nigel123 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:32 pm

I guess Big White will have to wait till next year then. :think