accommodation

A Municipality Building a New Future
bootes

accommodation

Post by bootes » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:56 pm

is there ant one that knows of accommodation that is available from 16th DEC 2009 UNTIL Dec 30th 2009 in the westbank area near sun dance Drive as I want to visit my sister and her family over Christmas but are finding it hard to find accommodation. 2 adults 2 children Anyone help Thanks fro reading.

Moops

Re: accommodation

Post by Moops » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:57 am

Hi Bootes & :welcome to the forums!

What kind of accommodations are you hoping to find? Hotel, B&B...? In the off season there are some resorts that may offer short-term stays, but many are booked full term during the winter months. Is there a price range that you are thinking of?

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

bootes

Post by bootes » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi Thanks for the reply,
Was looking for a one or two bedroomed condo or something similar as our youngest is 3 years old and still likes a sleep in the afternoons, so if we have our own facilities it would be better. Something not to fair from Sun Dance Drive Westbank would be great, My sister wants to put us up but I know she hasn't got much room herself so it would be cramped as she has 4 children herself. As flights are so dear we would only be able to afford about 500CAD per week (max). We need accommodation for two weeks. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Tina :bye

Moops

Post by Moops » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi Tina

Most of the accommodations that I've seen hover around the $90 plus mark per night. :sad You could try some of the B&B listings for the area as many people rent out basement suites as self-contained and you may find some that have reasonable off season rates.

Davis Cove may be a possibility - it's in Peachland, just down the hill from Westbank, so approximately a 10 minute drive.

http://www.daviscove.com

I saw this listing, however you would have to contact the owner for rates...

http://www.bedsyde.com

Best of luck!

bootes

Post by bootes » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:47 pm

thanks for these will have a look tomorrow as its late here in england and some off us have to get up for work a day before you :grin in the rain as well. Tina :sad

Nigel123

Post by Nigel123 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:02 pm

I don't know how you got on with Davis Cove but i remember them being a bit on the expensive side when we were looking, Bearing in mind that the period you are looking at is peak season i think it will be very difficult to find accomodation for the price you are looking at.
I have just looked at two local guest suite rentals i know of and both are listing $150 per night minimum, of course these are nice places but still good value against a $110 per night hotel room.

Moops

Post by Moops » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi Bootes

I hope your holiday was enjoyable! Did you manage to find accommodations to suit your needs? Your feedback is welcomed as it might help someone else in the same situation. :)

bootes

Post by bootes » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi :hi Moops

We did manage to fine accomodation, we stayed at Casa Lomas. The rooms were fine, 1 double bedroom and 1 bedroom with 2 sets of bunkbeds, lots of room, views over the lake fantastic. Just had a problem when we left, as my sister had a flat tyre she could not come and see us off so I left a bag of things we had left over, creams, kids medicines, things we had borrowed in fact a big bag full. When we got to the airport I telephoned the main reception as it was early in the morning and informed them about my sister and told them she would be picking the things up later, they said it was fine and would keep them. She picked up the things the next day and when I spoke to her half of the things I had left were missing. I emailed Casa Lomas and told them of my shock and they said they would investigate, when they came back to me they said that the things had been put into two bags and one bag had been left in the fridge, silver necklace, clothes, toys, not sure why, but any way she eventually she got all the things I had left, Not sure if I would stay again but might give them the benefit of the doubt, as the views were fantastic and it was close to the bridge.

Hope my summer holiday will be better.

Bootes :think