What are your thoughts on Enderby?

Info & Discussion on all Other Areas
paula1974

What are your thoughts on Enderby?

Post by paula1974 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:13 pm

18th August 2008 07:55

Hi,
We are getting some really possitive feedback from an employer in Enderby - possible job offer! Just wondered what you guys thought of the place. We drove through on our way to Vernon on our recce this spring, seemed nice but possibly a bit limited and remote for a young family.
All opinions welcome! :)

Life is a highway, not a destination!

Brell

Re: What are your thoughts on Enderby?

Post by Brell » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:14 pm

18th August 2008 10:05

I like downtown Enderby - and the ruralness - but then my kids are grown and gone. It is about a half hour drive from the far south of Vernon to the North end of Enderby - so you might consider a commute from the north end of Vernon at between 15-20 minutes.

Property in Enderby is significantly cheaper - that is for certain. Most people do their shopping etc in Vernon or Salmon Arm from there... Enderby is about halfway between.

paula1974

Post by paula1974 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:14 pm

18th August 2008 14:19

Thanks Brell, I didn't realise that Vernon was so close! I suppose it's no different to where we are now. living in a village just outside of suburbia - it takes at least 20 minutes to get into town! :)

Brell

Post by Brell » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:15 pm

19th August 2008 07:16

Yes - it is not far at all! I drive up to Salmon Arm about every other week - and live below the College in Vernon - and from my house through Enderby to the Salmon Arm Turn off is 46 km. So I'd say it is between 30 -35km to Vernon - and only 1 traffic light! ( well to the North End of Vernon anyway ;-)

What does your OH do?

Moops

Post by Moops » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:15 pm

21st August 2008 12:05

My father had a friend who lived on a farm in Enderby.... her property had a view of the mountains and part of it ran alongside of the Shuswap River.... lovely! We recently went to Enderby, stayed in a cottage and hope to return soon. The area has lots of farm land and as Brell mentioned, is quite rural, but still close to the ammenties of Salmon Arm or Vernon. Mabel Lake is not far away and has a new golf course as well. Also, Gardom Lake is closeby too.

I've added some links in the Smaller Communities section of the forum that you might have an interest in....

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

Jazzyg
Location: Liverpool UK - 2010 Kamloops/Vernon or Kelowna or? lol

Re: Enderby Websites

Post by Jazzyg » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:25 pm

JUst mooching around Enderby now as an affordable area for both buying a home and a business :)

who in the forums from Enderby? and advice on the place

Cheers

Gaz
Last edited by Moops on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 3 posts moved into this thread

paula1974

Post by paula1974 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:03 pm

We've lived just outside Enderby since april . . . it's agreat little town :thumbup . My husband also works in Enderby. The Enderby people are probably the friendliest folk I have ever met - very down to earth real people. Enderby's biggiest asset is probably the river - there is nothing more relaxing than tubing down the river, then ending up at the beach :grin

When we moved to the area, we heard lots of horror stories about problems with drugs, teenage crime and the local native reserves . . . . . .I can honestly say we haven't seen or heard of any problems since we've been here, I think Enderby just has a reputation that it can't seem to shake!!! Admittidly enderby probably does have more than its fair share of "low income" families - but thats not always a bad thing!!!

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions

Nigel123

Post by Nigel123 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:37 pm

Enderby enables you to afford a home and a home based business all in one as long as you are good at "indoor gardening" :lol

Seriously though i don't know much about Enderby but agreed that the river float is fantastic (nearly 5 hours) and that wasn't the longest route!!! Nearby Mabel lake and Mara lake are both great and i truly beleive that the drive from Salmon Arm through Enderby towards Vernon and also the Enderby/Sicamous route are 2 of the most beautiful drives you can do. The scenery is particularly amazing in the Fall.
If you don't need to be close to City life for College/Uni/Work then i would say it offers great value for money.

LynnUK

Post by LynnUK » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:50 pm

:hi I have never been to Enderby myself but my 19 year old son has been as he has friends who live there and this is where his girlfriend lives. I asked him what he thought of the place and he said that it looked quite a nice place to live, just a bit small for him but then he is only 19!!

mama40

Post by mama40 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:36 am

Enderby is a great little town.
And as has been said, the people are the friendliest anywhere. I spend a lot of time there, as thats where several of my best friends live. I would live there in a heartbeat! Its about 20min to each Salmon arm and Vernon, and about 1hr each to Kamloops or Kelowna.
As to the grow ops..thats more in the rural areas, and you usually have no idea, unless you know the locals, there are a few "farmers" that eveyone knows about, but they are harmless. And lets face it,
its everywhere.