How much?

Housing Market, Rental Listings, Stats & Advice
linz3112

How much?

Post by linz3112 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:46 am

Hiya,

I have looked at buying a house in a couple of provinces now and some do not take into considering part time wages when figuring out how much money you can borrow - does anyone know if this is the same in BC? I will only be able to work part time due to childcare and am looking into affordability etc but don't want to start researching prices that are out of price range!!
Many thanks
Linz

tracie107

Re: How much?

Post by tracie107 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:15 am

There is a lady on here called "Brell" she is a realtor and will be able to help you on this.

Moops

Post by Moops » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:52 am

Brell has been a true asset around the forums, but I think it's presently a very busy time for her as we haven't seen her around here as much recently. It may be a little while before she manages to look in on this thread.

If you check the advertisements here on the site, you'll find the contact details for a lady by the name of Denise who may be able to assist you. If you don't see it, just visit the classified section & have a look under the Real Estate tab.

If you need the names of some mortgage brokers, I can look some up for you.

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

brianNkelowna

Post by brianNkelowna » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 pm

I would think it all depends on how much down you want to put down, how much income you have per month. the general rule of thumb is 30% x gross monthly income = mortgage amount. It could be 32% if you need to get the numbers to fit.

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."