First time home buyer???

Housing Market, Rental Listings, Stats & Advice
Mooredog
Location: Kelowna, Previously Erskine Scotland Untill August 08

First time home buyer???

Post by Mooredog » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:26 pm

Is there anyone out there who can inform me if you get any incentives as a first time home buyer in Canada/BC? I've heard different stories about paying less transfer tax but it's not yet been confirmed, so any info would be appreciated. :clap

If your info is of any use Well let you help us paint a few of the walls. :grin

brianNkelowna

Re: First time home buyer???

Post by brianNkelowna » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:50 am

Mooredog wrote:Is there anyone out there who can inform me if you get any incentives as a first time home buyer in Canada/BC? I've heard different stories about paying less transfer tax but it's not yet been confirmed, so any info would be appreciated. :clap

If your info is of any use Well let you help us paint a few of the walls. :grin
you can make it part of the "offer" on the property you want to buy. whether you get it is another matter. it all depends on how "desperate" the seller is in wanting to sell.

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."

Happy Expat

Re: First time home buyer???

Post by Happy Expat » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:22 pm

There are some incentives for first time home buyers. there are some exemptions from property transfer tax, but you will need to meet some qualifications. Firstly you cannot have owned a home anywhere in the world. You also need to meet some residential qualifications regarding 6 months residence in BC and/ or have filed 2 Canadian tax returns. Good luck with the Canadian tax returns they make the british system seem easy!
:bye