Golf properties?

Housing Market, Rental Listings, Stats & Advice
stewart&debbie

Golf properties?

Post by stewart&debbie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:24 pm

29th March 2007 14:14

Hi
Does anyone have any experiemce or knowledge about either Gallaghers Canyon or Sunset Ranch?
I don't know the area yet as we haven't visited yet! But I want to invest in some property for 15-18 months time.
I have looked at, and got details of both places but would appreciate any 'inside knowledge', or rumours will do!
We want something as an investment but also something that could be rented out as well if we do not end up living in it.

Thanks,
Stewart :beers

shazr

Re: Golf properties?

Post by shazr » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:25 pm

29th March 2007 14:58

Hi Stewart

Mr Shazr & I are having a house built on Sunset Ranch, feel free to pm me if you want any info!!!

There is a difference between the two, I will be honest, Gallaghers is a nicer area, but with that comes somewhat nicer prices!!! But Sunset is in Ellison a quiet area of the city, is close to the airport but its sits sideways on, so you are going to get more air noise from the north and the south!! The course itself is lovely, a par 72 Championship and the builder Acorn Homes is one one of the better builders in the area.

I can't tell you much about Gallagers, it has a beautiful setting and the golf course is some what challenging ( so I've heard!)

Hope this helps!! :)

Betalil

Re: Golf properties?

Post by Betalil » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:25 pm

29th March 2007 16:30

I don't know about Sunset, but Gallagher's is Strata. Like buying a condo (apartment block) with a yard or a townhome (attached row house) they just happen to be detached. Alot of seniors tend to go this way, as there would be less maintenance for the homeowner to do. Make sure you check the Strata Council policies on rentals (some stratas don't allow them), plus other restrictions that you may or may not agree with.

My two cents.