mls

Housing Market, Rental Listings, Stats & Advice
kobo

Re: mls

Post by kobo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:39 pm

15th July 2007 12:13

We knew it was too good to be true Nigel, the price was just so low.
Although Updating isn't a problem, I'm not so keen and brown tiles.....they can keep them, yuck!
Will refuses to hire anyone as he can do everything himself and like with the house we are selling once he starts doing a job we all get forgotten and family time goes out of the window.

The garden thing is a really issue with us and when we were over back in Spring so many had tiny backyards.

londoncalling

Post by londoncalling » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:39 pm

15th July 2007 15:50

How funny, when I finally got onto MLS yesterday I saw (and liked) that Keloka Drive property. Uh-oh, competition! We have noticed some properties don't have proper fences too. My husband also refuses to hire anyone for DIY work so is definitely up for a reno.

mkmurrays

Post by mkmurrays » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:39 pm

15th July 2007 16:32

I remember saying to Nikks before coming over that we'd have to be careful not to end up bidding against each other over the same properties.

Nikks ended up buying a property which was on our viewing list....and Bleech bought a house we had a second viewing on, and would've offered on if he hadn't beat us to it.....

Might be worth keeping in close touch with other newbies once you all start looking in earnest.

Nigel123

Post by Nigel123 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:40 pm

15th July 2007 19:57
We knew it was too good to be true Nigel, the price was just so low.

Although Updating isn't a problem, I'm not so keen and brown tiles.....they can keep them, yuck!
Will refuses to hire anyone as he can do everything himself and like with the house we are selling once he starts doing a job we all get forgotten and family time goes out of the window.

The garden thing is a really issue with us and when we were over back in Spring so many had tiny backyards.
Yes the rear yard sizes here are not what you would expect. We saw many house which were very overlooked and a few which backed onto forestry but the depth of the yard was extremely narrow. We had been used to a reasonable size garden in the UK and we were not at all overlooked so it came as a bit of a shock to us at first but we found something suitable in the end.
Saw a lovely one in Curlew drive last night as we walked, very close to Bleech actually. It had a pool and a view to die for so we looked it up on MLS being nosy and it was a shade over our budget at £1,698,000!!!!!!!!!!!

Still didn't have more than 0.5 acres.

mkmurrays

Post by mkmurrays » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:41 pm

15th July 2007 20:29

Know the one you mean, shame we've already bought (!) Puppy likes the look of that one - plays with the sprinklers there every morning.

There's another one on Curlew Drive that's just been reduced to six hundred and something....and a lovely one, thing it's Okaview but that's $2m plus.

Eek!

londoncalling

Post by londoncalling » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:42 pm

17th July 2007 05:26

Might be worth keeping in close touch with other newbies once you all start looking in earnest. :)

Maybe this wouldn't be a good idea???