Realtors/Estate Agents

Housing Market, Rental Listings, Stats & Advice
kobo

Realtors/Estate Agents

Post by kobo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:05 pm

15th July 2007 12:18

What's the best way to be kept informed by agents in Kelowna?

Do you only sign up with one or all?

We just had an email from one saying, we'd be happy to work with you, Are we to assume your currently not working with a realtor! Help please......... :confused
Last edited by SivoxII on Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moops

Re: Realtors/Estate Agents

Post by Moops » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:06 pm

15th July 2007 13:11

I'm sure quite a number of people could recommend an agent to you. We were very pleased with the agent we used to sell my father's house.... would definitely recommend her as she's very easy going, knows the area well, will show you more than just her own listings & not pushy at all. I can forward her info to you if you like.

You would choose one agent to act on your behalf. You can interview a few though to get a feeling for their personna and then hire the one you feel most comfortable with.

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

Brell

Post by Brell » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:06 pm

27th July 2007 06:28

Hi Kobo,

Moops is right.. Interview agents and choose one that you are the most comfortable with!

As a Realtor - I encourage my clients to look at it like dating... and a referral is like a blind date.. Check out my blog about it.. lol.

Only the Realtor that writes up the deal gets paid ( And generally they get paid by the Seller)- and so that is why they have asked if you are working with another realtor. That is a good sign - shows ethics.

MisplacedCanadian

Post by MisplacedCanadian » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:07 pm

27th July 2007 13:21

Yes, we were surprised - in the UK you'd visit all of them...in Canada you hire and work with only one.

fwalker007

Post by fwalker007 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:08 pm

27th July 2007 14:38

I kind of find it really strange - part of the fun of buying a new house for me is doing all the research and looking for houses, so I would never expect a realtor to look for me and not look myself at all as how do you exactly explain what you want??? And we are pretty open to what we want so I know it must be a nightmare. But I spose as a buyer if doesn't cost you anything, so you might as well get some help. Plus, if you like houses which are for sale buy owner exclusively, or 1% realtor they don't send you those ones to consider.

Brell

Post by Brell » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:08 pm

28th July 2007 09:10

Sadly, in many cases your comments about the For Sale by owners and 1% can occur. That, too is part of the process of dating your Realtor - if you want to see those properties - let your Realtor know up front.

Part of the fun is determining how to find out exactly what a buyer wants - and it is true - when asked we can not explain - but we know when we see it happens all the time... as fast as the Realtor can read between the lines - really!