Lack of rental properties in BC and kelowna!

Housing Market, Rental Listings, Stats & Advice
aussie-girl

Re: Lack of rental properties in BC and kelowna!

Post by aussie-girl » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:52 pm

23rd December 2007 06:10

hmm i don't know ~moops~.....but i do know it is difficult for people relocating etc.

just for example..one place ..in Victoria we were looking at 2bed 1bath, upstairs top floor of a 4plex for 1300 a month. very small and an industrial work yard behind it. (6mths ago)
so not impressed we opted to buy straight up. would have been nice to have rented for a while and sorted out locations and schools that way and then bought, but that was near impossible as the living conditions of some of the properties were not the best.

and ~Proto~ you are right......i wonder how they afford it too......to me it doesnt' matter where it is...$8000 a month is a joke!!!...LOL...ok..even if there were say 4kids renting it....that is $2000 each....most of those are younger people...on low income..or have come across from australia even..so they work hard back home...save their money ....pay there $2,000 plane ticket and then use the rest in accomodation, say $6,000...could be looking at $8,000 for 3 mths.....plus dont' forget medical/ health insurance...... hmmm something wrong with that picture.

I wonder how much they get paid for working at places like Big White and Whistler etc...i am sure it wouldn't be enough to pay the rent alone. they must be very dedicated to their sport indeed.

Brell

Post by Brell » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:52 pm

27th December 2007 16:06

.... they love the sport... and will live with about 10-12 in a place in the resort towns... my friends brother opted for a TENT when he was working in Whistler rather than pay for rent... Rabid ski instructor.... they also exist on Ketchup and hot water from the day lodge! Good thing they are young and adventurous!

aussie-girl

Post by aussie-girl » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:53 pm

27th December 2007 17:03

yes good thing they are...wow a tent would be pretty darn cold....brrrr

Bleech

Post by Bleech » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:53 pm

27th December 2007 19:11

At Big White the going rate is between $550 and $650 a month per head. Not too bad really. We've got 4 in our place all paying $600, but after seeing where some people live we'll be putting it up to $650 next year.