House selling situation in UK- AAAGH!

Housing Market, Rental Listings, Stats & Advice
tracie107

Re: House selling situation in UK- AAAGH!

Post by tracie107 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:38 pm

14th April 2008 13:07

Well, we finally exchanged today!!

Apologies for hijacking this thread but GOOD LUCK to you all in selling.

TaffyCanuck

Post by TaffyCanuck » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:38 pm

18th April 2008 15:37

We were in the same situation in 06 when we came out - couldn't sell. in the end we remortgaged to take out all the equity, then had a 'permission to let' for 3 years (told a small fib that we were coming back to the UK). Then rented it out when we came out here. It was stressful and definately not the way we would have planned it but it enabled us to get onto the housing ladder in Canada (which is still going gangbusters)

Bleech

Post by Bleech » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:39 pm

18th April 2008 16:18

Congrats Tracie! Missed that one it was hidden away in this thread :)

I can relate to all those selling at the mo, what a mare. We finally sold our house after 18 months of it being on the market in 2005. We actually swapped our house with our buyers, so had a smaller easier to sell place. Rented it out with the intention of keeping it rented forever, but when we got out here we discovered we needed 35% mortgage deposit, so decided to sell our house over there from here - how stressful! Finally got a buyer, renters found a new place, went to exchange.... someone at the bottom of the chain pulled out, all went tits up. So we were left with an empty house in another country, not knowing what condition it was in or anything! Luckily got another buyer pretty quickly, but of course that's another 3 months wait. Anyway, all completed in the end even though our buyers tried it on by asking for a price reduction - yeah right.

Hmm it's Friday I need another beer :beers

tracie107

Post by tracie107 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:40 pm

19th April 2008 12:39

Thanks Bleech,

You know what really grates on me about the UK housing market :unhappy
Our beloved government introduced these 'bloody waste of money HIP's instead of making house buying a simple quick and easy process.

Estate agents lie, Solicitors lie and yet in the end WE still have to pay them..................and for what? I am sure, from experience, that it is always the seller that ends up doing all the chasing and sorting out the problems!

I really do wish all those selling or about to sell the best of luck :thumbup