IT work

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
DavidP

IT work

Post by DavidP » Thu May 10, 2012 3:42 am

Hi all

I'm finally arriving in BC on 19th June 2012

Looking for work as SQL Server DBA or SQL/ASP.NET developer. I'm already registered on most of the employment web sites but if anyone knows of any roles in the Okanagan please feel free to contact me. Most likely I'll end up in Vancouver as that's where most of the work is but I may be lucky and pick up something locally

thanks

David

Moops

Re: IT work

Post by Moops » Thu May 10, 2012 10:06 am

It's been a long time coming and before you know it, you'll be enjoying BC! :thumbup

There are usually IT related jobs noted on the Accelerate Okanagan website (formerly known as OSTEC) ...

http://www.accelerateokanagan.com/jobboard

Good luck!!

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

Abacus

Post by Abacus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:20 am

Hello DavidP, I am following in your footsteps; moving to the beautiful Okanagan valley and trying to find work in the IT industry. Because we appear to have a similar skill set, I was wondering how your employment search went.

I'm finding that there are jobs here but the competition for them seems to be pretty intense. Also, I'm a little over-qualified for some of these jobs. Did that make a difference in your search?

And just how many unemployed IT workers are in the Valley?

The lower mainland is hopping at the moment and there are jobs aplenty, but I don't want to move back there if I can help it. Does anybody have any information on the job market for IT in the Okanagan Valley? I'm on all the job sites but I think the job search needs to extend beyond that and into the realm of personal contact. Any pointers and information would be greatly appreciated.

SivoxII

Post by SivoxII » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums Abacus,

Clearly, IT in the valley is a much smaller pull than that of Vancouver, other than the Accelerate Okanagan post mentioned above, this link below may give you a general outline of what positions are currently available -

http://ca.indeed.com/IT-jobs-in-Okanagan,-BC

Hope this helps?
All the best.

wayne1976

Post by wayne1976 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi all,

I'm in the same situation also looking for IT work, i arrived in Kelowna on July 13th and i was wondering if any of you guys have had any luck so far?

I have been checking the accelerate, indeed and many other job site pages but found no luck so far on approx 25 resumes and applications i have sent out.

Cheers
Wayne