Barbers trade

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
harrietslade

Barbers trade

Post by harrietslade » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a international recognised diploma in salon management and hairdressing which I achieved in Australia. Plus a Barbers qualification that I trained for in the UK. As people on other forum sights have quite clearly stated, barbering is a licenced trade; and rightly so!!! But the fact that I'm not emigrating to Canada on my trade; doesn't surely mean I can't do it right. I understand that most people have to re-train to earn Canada's recognition in the field but surely not all barber shops are going to turn round to me and say "we don't recognise the way you cut, we have to re-train you :unhappy

Can anyone help me out please

Harriet

SivoxII

Re: Barbers trade

Post by SivoxII » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi there Harriet :hi

Okay, sure as you can appreciate, this may be a tough subject for the average member to answer.

However, I did a little digging around the web myself and managed to find this link. I'm not sure if it's of any help to you, but hopefully give you a starting point on whether your certification would be recognised or what steps need to be taken to achieve this in Canada?

https://beautycouncil.ca/cpages/interna ... tification" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All the best!