Carpenter moving to Canada

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
Itchyfeet

Carpenter moving to Canada

Post by Itchyfeet » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:25 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site, I'm looking for some advice whether to use a migration agent or complete the process myself. I am married with 2 children and based in London.

We have property here & funds to support ourselves whilst finding our feet.

I am 33 with vast experience within the industry aswell as Nvq & diploma level, which I gained through a higher education scheme which took me an additional 4 years to gain.

I have read up on cic site for the requirements, I.e the ielts test, wes for recognition of quals and the requirement of a job placement.

It would just be good to hear first Hand if someone else has been through this process as a trade & what the experience was like & any tips would great.

Thanks for reading and any help suggestions would be really appreciated.

SivoxII

Re: Carpenter moving to Canada

Post by SivoxII » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:38 pm

:hi Itchyfeet and welcome to the forums!

A few Carpenter discussions have gone up in years gone by, but most of the topics contain dated information and several of the members have since moved on. However, if you haven't already done so, please type "carpenter" into the Search Box on the top right of the forum and this will show you a list of previous carpenter related topics in the results - may be useful to some degree?

Also, here is a listing of Carpenter positions currently available in Kelowna and surrounding areas.
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/report-eng.do? ... rce=allnoc

Hope this gives you a starting point?

Kind Regards.