Is this true?

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
susan rhodes

Is this true?

Post by susan rhodes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:12 pm

22nd February 2007 11:38

Hi everybody,

I sent this email to a job site to see about work in the Kelowna area and the following is the response:

Hi Eric,

Being located in Vancouver we have more success placing Tradesmen here, although entire B.C. and thus Kelowna is not excluded. It would probably be easier if we found you a position in Vancouver via a temp work permit, then permanent residency within 12 months, allowing you then to move to Kelowna and work for any Employer. Very few companies are willing to sponsor foreign workers and the temp work permit allows you to worker ONLY for sponsoring employer. You can send your CV if you like.

Thank you

Peter Miller
Jobs in BC

Can I just ask advice if this is a good option? Is it correct information.

Thank you in advance!!

Moops

Re: Is this true?

Post by Moops » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:12 pm

22nd February 2007 11:43

Sounds a bit cut and dried from what I've been hearing from people that have come in through the PNP route. The Provincial Nominee Program is catching on and there are employers coming onboard in order to get the employees that they need. It doesn't sound like Peter Miller is totally up on the program. :(

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

fwalker007

Post by fwalker007 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:13 pm

22nd February 2007 12:24

I think you can be sponsered by an employer, but now it goes via the PNP route. basically, you have to get a job which is on the skills shortage list, if you look in the employment pages, there are links to this. The job has to be one that can't be filled by a Canadian or permanent resident of Canada. Then you can apply for a permanent residency visa through that employer, and come over whilst that is all processing, on a temporary work permit - its worth just searching for a job yourself in whatever area you work in on the net.

susan rhodes

Post by susan rhodes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:13 pm

22nd February 2007 13:49

Thanks for your replies,

I am going to chat to someone tomorrow who is moving to the Valley shortly, so hopefully things will become clearer.

Just want to go about things the right way!

S

shazr

Post by shazr » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:13 pm

24th February 2007 09:51

Hi S,

The best way to start as fwalker007 says is to check the CIC website and see if what you do is on the skills stortage list. If so then the best way is to apply for BC PNP. Once you have a job offer, then you/employer apply for nomination, this normally takes about 6 weeks, the great thing about this is that you do not have to qualify for the points, even though you will apply for PR via the skilled worker route!!!! Kelowna is growing fast and there are lots of opportunities in certain areas. We worked with an Immigration Consultant based in Vancouver who works specifically with PNP schemes across Canada, feel free to pm me and I can tell you more!

What do you guys currently do?????????

Good Luck!!!

:)