PNP

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
proto

Re: PNP

Post by proto » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:43 pm

5th October 2007 18:57

I don't actually know the answer but I'm prepared to stick my nose in anyway.

I think once you are PR, you can move anywhere BUT if you are found to have made a fraudulent application, such as by expressing a preference for a particular place by going through PNP, it could in theory be revoked. I dare say that under certain circumstances (job loss followed by out of province offer, inability to settle in a given location after a reasonable period of time, family illness necessitating relocation) you can justify moving away but I can see at some point in the future, as immigration rules are generally tightened up and refined, there could be an investigation during which you might have to justify your decisions if you move within a short time of getting PR through PNP.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein

Crowphonic

Post by Crowphonic » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:43 pm

5th October 2007 19:12

I have spoken to a retired CIC officer who has said that once the PR is granted under the PNP route you are free to go where you like within Canada. I personally think it is daft NOT to have some rule written into your PNP that you have to stay within the province that nominates you for a certain amount of time. I think we have decided to work out our TWP here and then get another TWP elsewhere and THEN start the PNP process. It not fair to DP's boss to make him go through the whole process just so we can run off once we have it! Thanks for everyones help!

fwalker007

Post by fwalker007 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:44 pm

6th October 2007 09:00

I think its probably more likely that companies who spend the money employing you through PNP might pay you a reloction package - Interior Health did to pay for things like flights and your first months accomodation etc. But I have to work for them for at least two years or I have to pay a proportion of it back pro rata.

Crowphonic

Post by Crowphonic » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:44 pm

6th October 2007 09:16

Not with us - we have come over on the TWP and my DP's boss will sign the forms etc but its down to us to pay for the application and actually fill out the forms. We have paid for everything else ourselves.

Nigel123

Post by Nigel123 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:45 pm

6th October 2007 17:09

TWP, PNP, DP'S, CIC, PR, NOC???????

Doesn't anyone speak proper Engleesh anymore. :grin

Crowphonic

Post by Crowphonic » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:46 pm

6th October 2007 20:39

Of course not - we are trying to keep up with the youth who know longer write proper words - just a string of obscurities!