Procurement | Supply Chain Positions?

Centres, Agencies, Contacts and Experiences
Nia

Procurement | Supply Chain Positions?

Post by Nia » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:56 pm

14th November 2007 10:26

My background is in Puchasing, Procurement and Production Scheduleing...i've been with the same company here in Ontario for 5 years in several departments but the Procurement/Inventory role has been for the past 2 years...
initially i would try to stay in the same field (even an entry position at this point), but wondered if i should be considering a new path....
does anyone of you know what the eomplyement market is like within the procurement sector??

Moops

Re: Procurement | Supply Chain Positions?

Post by Moops » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:57 pm

15th November 2007 22:37

There isn't a lot of industry/manufacturing in the valley, so not sure what to recommend to check out. I would imagine that the college or university would have need for a Purchasing department. Sun-Rype might be another consideration, although they are currently on strike! Maybe some of the wineries?

2024 … still here adding info to benefit newcomers!

Crowphonic

Post by Crowphonic » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:57 pm

16th November 2007 09:01
My background is in Puchasing, Procurement and Production Scheduleing...i've been with the same company here in Ontario for 5 years in several departments but the Procurement/Inventory role has been for the past 2 years...
initially i would try to stay in the same field (even an entry position at this point), but wondered if i should be considering a new path....
does anyone of you know what the eomplyement market is like within the procurement sector??
http://www.pmac.ca/ - not sure if this site will offer any help but it is worth a try!

Nia

Post by Nia » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:58 pm

17th November 2007 21:04

Thank you both....i've put in a request with PMAC a little while back already...they must be busy as they are repsonded with several...we will contact you soon emails...but nothing as of yet.lol ...hmmm i wonder if the wineries would need a full time purchaser?? :wink i'd volunteer as quality control as well, but doubt that will make it into the job descriptioN! LOL
thank you though...i've started contacting a few of the agencies to get a feel for the area and what they are suggesting...will keep y'all posted.